RECIPE: RASPBERRY CHIA COOKIES

20:14



After publishing some posts about fashion, beauty and places I visited, I'd thought it would be time to share one of my favorite recipes with you. I didn't make this blog just for fashion or beauty but it rather represents my life in general. Cooking happens to be a big passion of mine. Since I got asked by this girl why I don't put up some recipes, I figured this wouldn't be a bad idea after all.

For my first recipe I chose something I recently discovered. As you'll probably know, you can always find me at Coffeelabs when I'm in Antwerp. I wrote about this place before in this post. What I didn't mention back then, is that they always have an enormous amount of cookbooks laying around in their lounge. One day I decided to go for an afternoon break with my friend Nona. I ordered a raspberry chia oat cookie and she went for the famous Coffeelabs brownie. While I was enjoying every single piece of my heavenly treat, I decided to pick up some cookbooks to take a little look. Suddenly… magic happened. I opened the book on the exact page with the recipe for the cookie I was eating at that moment. You can't even imagine how happy I felt at that moment ! The next day I returned to the city to go buy that book for myself and that same evening I successfully recreated the raspberry chia cookies. What I love about these, is that you can enjoy cookies without them being total crap for your body. Actually, they're full of good nutrients that your body will love to receive. I'm already totally hooked on these and I know you will be too after you tried this recipe. So get your ass up and let's get cooking ! 

Ingredients (for 16 cookies) 

FOR THE JAM: 
° 125 g raspberries
° half a spoon of agave syrup 
° 1 and a half spoon of chia seeds 

FOR THE COOKIES: 
° 300 g oatmeal 
° 1 spoon of maïzena
° a pinch of salt 
° 80 ml coconut oil 
° 150 ml of agave syrup
° 45 gr raw cashew/macademia nuts 


Instructions

1. To make the jam, blend the raspberries in a food processor, together with the agave syrup and the chia seeds. Put the jam into the fridge for at least 20 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and line one or 2 baking sheet(s) with baking parchment.

3. Process 250 g of the oats into a clean food processor until it turns into rough flour. Transfer this flour to a bowl and stir in the remaining 50 g of oats, some salt and the maïzena. 

4. Heat up the coconut oil and melt it together with the agave syrup. You can do this in a saucepan but I used the microwave to save some time. 

5. Mix the dry ingredients with the oil & syrup you just melted. Finally add the chopped cashew or macadamia nuts at the end. 

6. Using wet hands, roll the dough into balls. Use your thumb to create a little hole in each cookie. Fill these holes with the chia jam you put in the fridge earlier.

7. Bake your cookies for about 20 minutes (be careful because my oven works very fast so I had to remove them earlier !)


Let me know if you enjoyed this post and if you think I should share some more recipes with you. I'm now going to indulge in a cookie myself, along with a big cup of green tea and I'll see you at my next post !







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe